Do you suspect you have uninvited guests in your bed? If you think you have bedbugs, there are specific signs you can look for to determine if these pests have invaded. If they have, you need to call for bedbug removal in central Illinois.
Look for the following indicators that you have bedbugs:
- You can see them: While they are small, you might be able to see the bedbugs in your bed. Adult bedbugs are about five millimeters long. They are flat and wingless and are reddish-brown in color, unless they have recently fed, in which case they are bright red. You can look for these bugs in crevices around your sleeping area, such as mattress seams, baseboards, headboards, bedside tables and loose wallpaper or wall junctions.
- You can see their shells: As bedbugs grow, they shed their exoskeletons. During their lifespans, they will molt five times. If you have an infestation of bedbugs, that’s a lot of shells. You should be able to see these in or around your bed. There may be hundreds or even thousands of molted skins left behind over time. These shells look like bedbugs, only translucent and of various sizes.
- You can see their fecal stains: Another sign to look for is the fecal stains that bedbugs leave behind. These look like dark brown or black smears or stains. If you notice these stains in your bed, you should contact a professional for bedbug removal in central Illinois.
- You can see their bites: This is typically the hardest sign to read correctly. Bedbug bites often look no different than other bug bites, so it can be difficult to determine if any markings are truly from bedbugs or another insect. Still, if you suspect you have bedbugs, look for raised, red welts, straight lines of multiple bites, a bite rash across one area and burning and itching.
- You can see your blood: Bedbugs feast on blood. They come out at night to feed on you and your family. Another sign you can look for that these pests are present is the evidence they leave of their feeding. Look for blood stains on your sheets and pajamas. This could indicate that you’ve been the victim of a bedbug feast and you need bedbug removal in central Illinois.
If you’ve suffered from bedbug bites, wash them with soap and water to prevent infection and reduce any itchiness. If itching persists, apply corticosteroid cream. If symptoms worsen, contact a dermatologist.
To evict these critters from your bed, you’ll need specialized treatment. They can be difficult to eradicate, so it’s important to contact a professional who is trained in bedbug removal in central Illinois.
Say Bye to Bedbugs
Are these signs of bedbugs present in your home? Don’t hesitate to contact the professionals at Crist Termite and Pest Solutions, Inc. For over 60 years, our company has been providing top-notch bedbug removal in central Illinois. We offer free inspections, so give us a call today!
Categorised in: Bedbug Removal