Many people would agree that just about the only downside of warm summer weather is the fact that creepy crawly pests are out and about once again! The most common pest this time of year is spiders, and even though they help eliminate other bugs, a spider infestation is the last thing you want to deal with during the summertime. Continue reading this post from your favorite exterminator to learn more about spider control in central Illinois.
Signs of an infestation
Knowing that you may have a spider infestation in your home is the first step in fixing the problem. Here are a few of the signs that you could have an infestation on your hands:
- Webs: The most obvious sign that you have a spider problem is the presence of webs both inside and outside of your home. Spider webs can take on a variety of appearances and show up in different locations based on the species of spider that spun them. Seeing a spider web or two every once in a while isn’t a huge deal, but if they’re all over the place, you should call an exterminator as soon as possible.
- Eggs: Depending on the species, spiders either keep their eggs in sacs on the web or on the mother’s body. Regardless of its location, each sac contains about 100 or more eggs! If these eggs start to hatch, you’ll have an infestation on your hands in no time. We recommend calling a pro to treat your home for an infestation the minute you see spider eggs in your space.
- More spiders: If those eggs aren’t taken care of quickly, they’ll turn into full-grown adult spiders before you know it! Seeing an occasional spider isn’t necessarily a sign that you have an infestation, but you should consider calling a pro if you see multiple spiders in a given day.
What should I do?
Though a spider infestation obviously isn’t ideal, it’s also not the end of the world. Follow the steps below and you can handle your infestation with ease:
- Call a professional: The first step in preventing an infestation is to call a pro for help with spider control in central Illinois today. Now is the best time of year to have an exterminator treat the exterior of your home with a spray that will ward off spiders.
- Tidy up: Spiders like to hide from humans and predators underneath debris both inside and outside of your home. Make your property less desirable by cleaning up any piles of wood outside and keeping the interior of your home as clean as possible.
- Seal cracks: Spiders don’t often just walk through your front door. Instead, they sneak into your home through tiny cracks along your windowsills or in your foundation. It’s a good idea to go around and use caulks to seal up any cracks you can see.
Whether your home is currently crawling with spiders or you’re trying to avoid that problem altogether, be sure to call Crist Termite and Pest Solutions, Inc. We’re the experts when it comes to all forms of spider control in central Illinois. Give us a call today to find out what we can do for you and your home!
Categorised in: Spider Control