Nobody should ever have to deal with a pest infestation—especially in their home, where they’re supposed to be safe and sound. Unfortunately, pests can seemingly come out of nowhere and quickly reproduce. What starts as just a couple of mice can turn into a full-blown infestation in a matter of weeks!
Regardless of the type of pest, these infestations can’t be ignored. Stop asking yourself, “What happens if I ignore an infestation in central Illinois?” and start learning the answers. This post will teach you everything there is to know about the dangers of turning a blind eye to pests:
- The pests will multiply: Though rodents reproduce quickly, insects are even faster. A single pair of cockroaches, for example, can yield 400,000 offspring in one year! Cockroaches and other insects typically only take about a month to reach adulthood, so you can see how infestations can happen so quickly.
- The infestation will spread: Rest assured that these pests won’t just stay in your attic or basement. They’ll start crawling through your walls and invade your living space. Unless you want to have some rodents as pets, we recommend calling for treatment as soon as possible.
- Personal safety: Pests are known to spread all sorts of diseases that lead to serious health problems for both humans and pets. Don’t gamble with the safety of your loved ones—call an exterminator the moment you identify a pest problem.
- Structural damage: From chewing through electrical wires to ripping up your insulation, pests cause all sorts of damage to your home as they spread. Though termites are the worst offenders when it comes to structural damage, you need to be wary of all pests.
Ways to prevent a pest infestation
You won’t have to ask, “What happens if I ignore an infestation in central Illinois?” if you never have pests in the first place! Here’s how you can avoid having pests in your home or office:
- Schedule regular treatment: Pest control doesn’t just mean exterminating the pests already in your space—it also entails preventing pests from entering in the first place. Year-round professional treatment makes your home or office an inhospitable place for all sorts of pests.
- Properly store food: One of the main reasons why critters come inside is to search for food. Keep all of the food items in your pantry sealed in plastic containers instead of their regular bags or boxes. Plastic is much harder for rodents to get into, which makes your house a less appealing target.
- Call for removal at first sight: Despite the best efforts of you and your exterminator, you still could have a pest find its way inside. If that’s the case, pick up the phone and call a pest control specialist right away. As we discussed above, you don’t want to wait around for those pests to multiply!
Whether you’re still wondering, “What happens if I ignore an infestation in central Illinois?” or you’re ready to take action against nasty pests, be sure to choose Crist Termite and Pest Solutions, Inc. to handle all of your bug and vermin problems! Our team can quickly identify and eliminate all sorts of pests from your home or office.
Categorised in: Preventative Pest Control