Tips For Keeping Pests Out Of Your Home
In the springtime, you are likely to see many flowers begin to emerge and leaves beginning to grow back on the trees. However, while these are all great springtime signs to watch out for, that also means pests also begin to make their way out of hibernation. This can mean your home can become invaded with ants, roaches, and other bugs that may be on the search for food. Fortunately, there are some tips for keeping pests out of your home that you can use right before springtime hits.
The most common pests that you may see in the springtime in your home include:
- Stinging insects
Tips to Prevent Pests in Your Home
When you are doing spring cleaning, make sure that you implement a pest prevention plan as well. There are a few ways that you can reduce the risk of getting pests in your home this spring, including:
- Keeping your windows and doors cleaned — This doesn’t mean just wiping down your windows and doors. You should thoroughly clean them, and if you stumble upon any crevices or cracks within your doors or windows, you should consider sealing them right away.
- Clean carpets and rugs — You should deep clean all the carpets and rugs in your home. This means that you can shampoo or vacuum them or steam clean them.
- Keep your kitchen clean and sanitize all appliances — Spilled liquids and crumbs are easy bait for roaches, rodents, and other pests, so be sure to wipe them away.
- Check your pipes and plumbing — If you notice any blockages or leaks in your pipes, you should have them checked out right away.
- Clean the rest of your home — Tidying up your home will help keep pests at bay. This means you should clean underneath all furniture, clean all surfaces, and inspect certain areas of your home that you feel can use some additional tidying.
Call in the Experts
There are various ways to keep your home free of pests in the spring. If you have tried all the above methods and still seem to keep getting bugs, it is time to call in the professionals. Bugs such as boxelder bugs hibernate in your home in the fall and winter and begin to come out when the seasons change. If you are dealing with an infestation, it is time to call in a professional. By calling in a professional pest control company, they can provide you with some tips on keeping pests at bay, inform you on how to seal cracks on the exterior of your home, and much more.
Categorised in: Preventative Pest Control