Pest problems are common and can happen at any time. It is important to detect these problems early in order to control them properly. If you are looking for quality, dependable, affordable pest management and prevention services in Mattoon IL, you should look no further than Crist Termite & Pest Solutions, Inc – a company specializing in eliminating infestations, protecting your home, and preventing pests from returning.
Pest Exterminator in Mattoon, IL
At Crist Termite & Pest Solutions, Inc., we offer quality pest control options for your household. We do our work professionally, and we use environmentally friendly treatments and products in order to provide you with the best and most long-lasting results. We know how to assess pest issues, understand the factors behind them, tailor the best solutions, and use them effectively.
Ant Inspections and Treatment
No one wants to have ants in the home. However, unfortunately, they are one of the most common pest issues in American homes: more than 80% of homeowners in the United States experience ant problems. However, even though ants are easy to establish, they are very difficult to control and treat. If ants are a pest issue you are dealing with, Crist Termite & Pest Solutions, Inc. is here to assist you.
When we do ant treatment, we make sure to eradicate the entire colony, not just the ants you can see around. We use special insecticides that are effective for social colonies and cannot be detected.
Termite Inspections and Treatment
Termites are very dangerous to a house because they can chew through wood, cellulose, and even wallpaper without being detected. That is why they are often called “silent destroyers”. If you suspect you have a termite issue, it is critical to contact a pest exterminator immediately to get an effective termite treatment.
What are the signs of termite infestation in your house? Here is a list of symptoms to look for:
- Windows or doors feel stuck. If any door or window in your house suddenly becomes much harder to open or close, it might be an early sign of a termite infestation.
- Blisters or buckling in the flooring. If your flooring is buckling send there are spots on the flooring, it might be an indication of termite infestation and damage.
- Mud tubes. A mud tube is a pathway termites use to connect ant colonies with nature.
- Loosening tiles and squeaky floors.
Rat, Mouse, Cockroach, and Mosquito Control
At Crist Termite & Pest Solutions, Inc., we also specialize in getting rid of mice, rats, and cockroaches completely. We also know how to provide effective mosquito control. Use our services to restore your home and life and start enjoying living in your house again.
Bedbug Removal and Treatments
Your bed is the place where you want to relax and unwind. Unfortunately, there are small critters that are very hard to get rid of. Bed bugs are parasitic insects that are reddish-brown in color and that feed on blood from people and animals. Their bites are usually harmless, but they cause serious and uncomfortable itching.
Here is a list of signs of bed bugs infestation:
- Blood stains on sheets, blankets, and pillowcases.
- An unusual odor that can be compared to the scent of almonds, raspberries, or cilantro. If the infestation is serious and massive, it may start smelling like moldy laundry.
- Eggs that are usually found near bed bug harborage areas. Eggs are visible to the naked eye: they are around 1 mm in length, pearly white in color, and ovular in shape.
Spider and Flea Treatment and Removal
At Crist Termite & Pest Solutions, Inc., we provide the best and the most effective service for flea and spider treatment and removal in Arthur, Douglas County, and Moultrie County, IL and the rest of Central Illinois. We have already helped to treat, control, and remove spiders and fleas in many homes, and we are ready to help you.
What are the three types of pest control?
There are three methods of pest control that are suggested by a pest exterminator after the exterminating process is completed:
- Hygiene pest control. This method is based on keeping the surroundings clean and neat. You should eliminate clutter in your house that might attract pests, organize your trash bins, and make sure that there are no food crumbs around.
- Biological method. This method involves using natural predators of pests. For example, if you want to get rid of rats and mice, you should consider getting a dog or cat.
- Mechanical method. In this method, you can use traps and barriers to keep pests away from your house. For example, you can get a pest barrier spray and apply it to your house’s foundation.
Before you decide what method is better for you, it is recommended to call a professional exterminator who will check your house for the signs of pest infestation.
What’s the difference between an exterminator and pest control?
The mission of an exterminator is to destroy pests by using pesticides. Exterminators do not get to the root of the problem – they are just offering a temporary solution.
Pest control professionals use approaches that allow them to address pest issues and offer long-term management and prevention. They use methods that are less harmful to the environment, people, and pets.
Is it worth paying for pest control?
Many people, when they see signs and symptoms of pest infestation, buy various sprays and traps by trying to solve the problem themselves. However, hiring a pest control professional is much more effective, and it saves you time and money.
Need a Pest Exterminator in Mattoon, IL?
Are you searching for a professional pest exterminator in Mattoon, IL or any other nearby area to solve your pest issue? Do not look any further – Crist Termite & Pest Solutions, Inc. is ready to assist you. Our company has over 70 years of professional experience serving both homeowners and business owners. We are licensed through the Illinois Department of Health and the Illinois Department of Agriculture. Moreover, we are also members of the Illinois Pest Control Association (IPCA) and the National Pest Management Association (NPMA). If you want to know more about the services we offer or to find out how we can help you, do not hesitate to give us a call.